Welcome to the IEEE Council on RFID, or CRFID!
CRFID’s focus on radio frequency identification and the Internet of Things is exhibited through our activities, conferences, and publications.
- Two IEEE international conference series—RFID and RFID-Technical Applications (RFID-TA)—in addition to workshops, conference program tracks, and technical forums—foster technical exchanges on RFID.
- CRFID supports technical committees, which study the latest technical developments in fields such as RFID and security and reliability, circuits, signal processing, standards, cyber-physical and internet of things systems. Learn more from our Vice President Technical Activities, Magdy Bayoumi.
- CRFID chapters are now being formed, with the first one in Singapore Section. More are in the works. Reach out to VP Member Services, Chen Zhi Ning if you are interested in forming a chapter.
- Young professionals are encouraged to join! CRFID provides educational and networking opportunities for budding careers in RFID and IoT. Talk to Matthew Trotter, our Young Professionals Liaison.
- We debut a new Journal in 2017, the Journal on Radio Frequency Identification (RFID), or J-RFID. The Editor in Chief is Larry Zhang. Our VP Publications is Shahriar Mirabbasi.
- For standards, Carole Carey (healthcare) can steer you in the right direction.
Gisele Bennett, President